- June 28, 2018
- Posted by: epolitixdesignnafwnrplabour
- Category: Statements of Opinion
Submitted by Mike Hedges, Mark Isherwood and Leanne Wood on Tuesday 26th June
1. Calls for the legalisation of medicinal cannabis on prescription.
2. Notes the clinical evidence showing cannabis-based medicines can alleviate the symptoms of conditions including epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, dystonia and cancer;
3. Notes the Research identifying the potential of cannabis-based medicines for pain-relief;
4. Emphasises that on 17 January the National Assembly for Wales voted to recognise clinical evidence of the effectiveness of cannabis for medicinal purposes;
5. Expresses concern that under current legislation many people living with a range of conditions in Wales use illegally obtained cannabis for medicinal purposes, thereby risking prosecution and exposure to other drugs.