Submitted by Mike Hedges, Mark Isherwood and Leanne Wood on Tuesday 26th June
1. Calls for the legalisation of medicinal cannabis on prescription.
2. Notes the clinical evidence showing cannabis-based medicines can alleviate the symptoms of conditions including epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, dystonia and cancer;
3. Notes the Research identifying the potential of cannabis-based medicines for pain-relief;
4. Emphasises that on 17 January the National Assembly for Wales voted to recognise clinical evidence of the effectiveness of cannabis for medicinal purposes;
5. Expresses concern that under current legislation many people living with a range of conditions in Wales use illegally obtained cannabis for medicinal purposes, thereby risking prosecution and exposure to other drugs.