- Posted by: Mike Hedges MS
- Category: Latest News
The additional capital investment will be used in the current financial year to boost growth and jobs. Since the Welsh Labour Government published its Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan last May, additional investment of around £1.1 billion has been announced to fund infrastructure priorities across Wales. This is part of the Welsh Labour Government’s drive to ensure that every Welsh pound is used to deliver better public services and boost jobs and growth in Wales.
The funding includes:
- A £30 million package of housing investment including funding for affordable housing, housing adaptations and land for housing schemes;
- A £40 million package for education to support priority capital investment programmes across the education sector in Wales;
- £11.5 million for transport schemes which are integral to the National Transport Plan;
- £5 million for Flood and Coastal Risk Management schemes and for a smaller number of Environment Agency schemes across Wales;
- £5 million for a new Health Technologies Fund. The fund will receive £5 million in 2012-13 but also a further £10 million in each of the next two years bringing the total to £25m over the next three years.