- Posted by: Mike Hedges MS
- Category: Latest News
The Welsh Labour Government has offered GPs in Wales a 1.5 per cent increase in investment in general practice and has called for changes to the GP contract to support improvements to patient services.
Welsh Labour’s Health Minister Lesley Griffiths has thanked GPs in wales for their hard work and commitment to the NHS and to patients, and said the increase in investment was fair given the current financial climate. The Minister is calling for further changes to the GP contract to support the delivery of improved services for patients including:
• New measures to improve care for patients with long-term chronic conditions;
• Preventing unnecessary emergency admissions to hospital by providing care and support close to home;
• New clinical indicators recommended by NICE which will continue to ensure consistent, high quality, evidence based care for patients;
• Addressing inequities in funding.