- Posted by: Mike Hedges MS
- Categories: Latest News, Uncategorized
The Bill, which is a key commitment in the Welsh Labour Government’s Programme for Government, is aimed at making walking and cycling easier and safer by requiring local authorities to plan fully integrated active travel networks. The legislation will require local authorities in Wales to:
- Identify and map the network of routes within their areas that are safe and appropriate for walking and cycling;
- Identify and map the enhancements that would be required to create a fully integrated network for walking and cycling and develop a prioritised list of schemes to deliver the network;
- Deliver an enhanced network subject to budget availability and following due process;
- Consider the potential for enhancing walking and cycling provision in the development of new road schemes.