- Posted by: Mike Hedges MS
- Category: Press Releases
Mike Hedges condems Unacceptable behaviour towards pharmacy staff
Speaking from his Morriston Office, Swansea Office AM, Mike Hedges said… ‘ everyone is worried about their health and that of loved ones at this difficult time. I have become aware however of people being rude and abusive towards staff at chemists and pharmarcies.
This is really unacceptable and must stop! People working in pharmacies are working flat out to cope with extra demand and also have to observe social distancing norms. Thye are doing their best in very difficult circumstances.
IF YOU HAVE TO GO TO A PHARMACY IN THIS DIFFICULT PERIOD PLEASE BE KIND AND POLITE TO THE STAFF. THEY DESERVE RESPECT AT THIS TIME.
- The Welsh Government has received reports of unacceptable behaviour towards pharmacy staff by a small number of people.
- We understand people worried about getting their prescriptions dispensed but there is no need for such behaviour. There is also no need to stockpile medicines.
- Pharmacy teams are working really hard and they need the public’s understanding, respect and support.
- The Chief Pharmaceutical Officer for Wales has published five simple steps to help people help their local pharmacisthttps://gov.wales/simple-steps-help-your-pharmacy-help-you
- The Minister for Health and Social Services, Vaughan Gething has been in discussions with Boots the Pharmacy, who confirmed yesterday (25thMarch) that all pharmacy delivery charges are waived for vulnerable people and for those over the age of 70.
- For the latest Repeat Prescriptions Guidance please go to:https://gov.wales/repeat-prescriptions-and-covid-19-guidance-primary-care