- Posted by: Mike Hedges MS
- Categories: Latest News, Press Releases
MIKE HEDGES MS CELEBRATES WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY BY ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO ENJOY THEIR LOCAL ENVIRONMENT
Speaking from his Morriston Office, Local MS, Mike Hedges said.. ‘World Environment Day 2021 ( June 5th) is a chance for us to take stock and appreciate the beauty of our surroundings and reflect on our environment.
We cannot turn back time. But we can grow trees, green our cities, rewild our gardens, change our diets and clean up rivers and coasts. We are the generation that can make peace with nature.
We can all work towards an environment which we can pass on to our children and grandchildren and be proud of.
I will campaign to ensure that the Senedd Recovery plan from the COVID pandemic contains significant commitment to our environment including –
- A recovery that strengthens our local economies by capitalising on the renewed sense of place and connection our environment have with our communities.
- Developing active travel measures which will help to safeguard the quality of the air we now breathe.
- Developing support packages for businesses and sectors that have decarbonisation and nature-based solutions at their core,
- Reforming and developing longer-term policy ambitions in areas such as post-Brexit agricultural and land management support, and the approach to developing a more circular economy.
I would urge people to get involved with local environment projects – we can all play our part, no matter how small it may be. Get involved in a local litter pick, commit to planting Bee friendly flowers in your garden; we can all make a difference.
Lets make a start with World Environment Day Tomorrow!