- Posted by: Mike Hedges MS
- Categories: Latest News, Press Releases
Swansea East AM Mike Hedges has praised students across Swansea and Wales for a strong set of A-level and Welsh Baccalaureate results.
The A and AS level results published this week show that for students in Wales:
- 97.5% of A Level entries resulted in a pass;
- 75.2% of A Level entries resulted in a pass at grade A*- C;
- 85.7% of AS entries resulted in a pass.
The Welsh Baccalaureate results also published this week show excellent progress, for which our teachers, lecturers and learners deserve huge praise:
- 10,666 learners completed Advanced level Welsh Baccalaureate programmes this year;
- 9,856 learners (92.4% of those who completed the programme) achieved the Core certificate of the Advanced level Welsh Baccalaureate. An increase of 4 percentage points on last year);
- 9,288 learners (87.1% of those who completed the programme) have achieved both the Core certificate and the options requirements and have been awarded the full Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma. An increase of 4.4 percentage points on last year.
Commenting on the set of results, Swansea’s Mike Hedges AM said:
“Students across Swansea and Wales can be really proud of themselves today. This is the end result of two years of hard work for all involved and they deserve this success. I’d also like to pay tribute to all teachers and parents for their hard work and support in helping our learners reach their full potential with another set of tremendous exam results.”