- Posted by: Mike Hedges MS
- Category: Latest News
A new website giving patients easily accessible information on NHS performance has been launched by the Welsh Labour Government.
www.mylocalhealthservice.wales.gov.uk will provide performance data on a range of health services, including:
- Hospital information, such as mortality rates, healthcare infection rates and nurse ratios;
- Progress in primary care on preventative measures to address the major health issues facing the population such as heart disease and stroke;
- The results of patient satisfaction surveys;
- Links to reports and locally-published performance data.
The Welsh Government has said that the web-site will provide more information over the coming months. The Welsh Government also believes that increased transparency is a key driver in improving quality across the NHS, highlighting both areas where good practice is in place and those where there is scope for improvement.
The website is in line with the Welsh Government’s aim of introducing more mechanisms to detect risks or problems before they occur, and publishing more performance data to raise the quality of care.
The website can be found at: http://mylocalhealthservice.wales.gov.uk/